Today I am going to share some resources to keep you and your child’s mind and body fit while we’re all in the house! But first. . .
Next week we will introduce virtual Parent Time and Parent and Child Together programs. Look for more information early next week. We are putting kits together to provide each family, then we’ll do lessons together online. There will be prizes and surprises for participation! We have a limited number of tablets that we can give out to help and they will be yours to keep.
I also would like to see more pictures and get more information about what you all are doing with your children. Send any info to firstname.lastname@example.org or text 804-922-9655.
Mindfulness and meditation can help you and your child tune out the “noise” all around you and refocus. Research has shown it helps with aggression and misbehavior in children. Check out some of these websites for helpful tips.
- If you have questions about Coronavirus and need to put your mind at ease, Richmond has launched a hotline. It is open from 8am – 8pm Monday – Friday and 8 am – 4 pm Saturday and Sunday: 804-205-3501
- I went down the proverbial rabbit hole on this website: https://childmind.org/coping-during-covid-19-resources-for-parents/. You will find a wealth of information to help you and your child cope during this challenging time.
- Mindful@Home hosts virtual meditation at 3 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: https://www.facebook.com/events/617091358837172/
- For children ages 5-`0, Stop, Breathe & Think will help your kids find peace in quiet and focus: https://www.stopbreathethink.com/kids/.
- This Mindful Dad had lots of fun activities to help kids get centered: https://blissfulkids.com/.
- Check out this blog that has 6 mindful practices for kids with autism (I’m sure they will work great with all children): http://blog.stageslearning.com/blog/six-simple-mindfulness-practices-for-kids-with-autism.
- Kids love Go Noodle! They can Repeat the Beat with Young Dylan of Nickelodeon, learn and dance with Blazer Fresh and many others: https://family.gonoodle.com/
- This infographic shows 25 easy ways for your kids to get moving at home. These are great to do together as a family! https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/fitness/getting-active/25-ways-to-get-moving-at-home-infographic
The PFF team still wants to hear from you! Let us know what you are doing to stay active, healthy and educated at home!