Hello PFF Family and Friends!
Yesterday, Governor Northam announced that schools are closed for the remainder of this year. This was shocking news that we all had to process as yet another disruption to what is already an unprecedented situation. From what I know about the families we work with, you all are resilient and resourceful. We will all pull together and get through this. We’ll take it one day at a time.
We will continue to send out daily emails with resources and information. I am also putting together a resource document that will have all the information in one place. The team is also working on gathering resources for families who were a part of our current cohort so we can begin PACT Time and Parent Time virtually. If you are aware of families with young children who would be interested in participating, please let me know.
As a reminder, we no longer have Mr. Moore delivering food. I want to thank him, Ms. Rose, Andrea and Anj for their help last week. Once RPS decided to provide neighborhood drop-offs we thought it best to sideline Mr. Moore for health purposes. We will monitor the decisions made by local and state authorities and will make changes as necessary. If you do have a need, please let us know. I have attached the RPS Meal Distribution Flyer for your convenience.
Here are additional resources for today:
- The Children’s Museum has created a blog with useful resources: https://www.childrensmuseumofrichmond.org/blog/
- Richmond Public Library is doing video storytelling on their Instagram: @rvalibrary
Health & Fitness
- Blue Sky Fund is doing a series of learning videos to get families outside and active: https://www.instagram.com/blueskyfund/
- Fit4Kids has interactive lessons that incorporate movement on their Instagram page: @activeclassroomsrva
- I shared this earlier but want to make sure everyone has it. Text FOOD to 877-877 to receive information about locations near your address that have free meals for kids. I did it and it is legit.
Please continue to share pictures and videos of what you are doing with your children. If you are camera shy like me, just send me a quick text or email with what you are doing. I can be contacted at nknight@partnershipforfamilies or 804-922-9655.